Skip to main content

Breakfast Banana Pops

It’s like summer on a popsicle stick.
image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/banana-pop_thumb.jpg?cb17d1
How amazing are these Breakfast Banana Pops from @choccoveredkt?! These make breakfast FUN for the kids and are a sure way to fill their bellies in the morning. Instructions here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/20/breakfast-banana-pops/ Kid Friendly!
Today’s post is especially great for kids or people who hate to cook. These banana pops are pretty darn easy to make. When I was little, we’d make these “nana pops” weekly during the summer months, rolling the bananas in anything from cinnamon-sugar to crushed chocolate-chip cookies!
image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/yogurt-covered-bananas_thumb.jpg?cb17d1
yogurt covered bananas image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/breakfast-bananas_thumb_3.jpg?cb17d1
How amazing are these Breakfast Banana Pops from @choccoveredkt?! These make breakfast FUN for kids and are a sure way to fill their bellies in the morning. Instructions here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/20/breakfast-banana-pops/

Breakfast Banana Pops

(2 bananas makes 4 pops)
  • bananas (Or try this idea with strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
  • yogurt of choice (Wholesoy, Almond Dream, Silk, etc.)
  • granola of choice, or crushed cookies or Healthy Graham Crackers
  • add-on ideas: mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, raisins, etc.
  • popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas
Procedure: Pour granola into a very shallow dish or plate. Peel bananas, cut in half, and insert popsicle sticks. Dip into yogurt (or coat with a knife), then roll into granola and add-ons. (I stuck the chips on by hand, after rolling in the granola.) Place on a parchment or wax-lined tray and freeze. Keep uneaten pops in the freezer.
View Banana Pops Nutrition Facts
image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/breakfast-banana-pops_thumb.jpg?cb17d1
breakfast banana pops If you’re anything like me (or if your weather is anything like Texas’), you cringe at the thought of heating up the oven when it’s so hot outside. That’s why I’ve been focusing so much on the no-bake recipes lately.
MORE RECIPES HERE: Over 50 Healthy Recipes – NO oven required
image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/banana-pops-1_thumb.jpg?cb17d1
banana pops image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/yogurt-covered-bananas_thumb_3.jpg?cb17d1
yogurt covered bananas These pops are great for snack or as part of breakfast. For a balanced breakfast (especially good for cooling off after a hot morning workout), I recommend serving with something savory.
Such as one of my favorite recipes:
image: http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Breakfast-Banana-Pops_C8B2/tofu-scramble.jpg?cb17d1
tofu scramble Eggless Breakfast Scramble
Did you like helping out in the kitchen as a kid?
I especially liked doing dishes!
image: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/simple-smile.png?cb17d1
:) I also rolled cookies (and ate the dough), stirred ingredients, peeled carrots… and my sister and I would always fight over who got to mash potatoes. But mostly… I liked eating the cookie dough. Big help I was.
Side note: I know a lot of people have asked about the boy, and I’ll write more about it later this week. I wasn’t sure how to introduce him, and I guess I picked an awkward way of doing it. Also: I currently have over 7 pages of unanswered recipe questions from readers, so if you asked a question and haven’t heard back from me, please know I’m doing my best to answer as many as possible in a timely manner. I know it sucks to type out a question and never receive an answer. (If you ever know the answer to a question someone’s asked on one of my posts, please feel free to jump in and answer!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review

For most of the reviews here at Gadgets 360, we use the mobile in question as our primary phone for about a week or so before sharing our verdict with you. We realise this isn't perfect, since there are some aspects of the device that don't become obvious during that time, and in an ideal world, we'd use every phone for a couple of months before we publish our review. But we work under constraints where most devices aren't available to us for that long - almost all products that we review are loaned to us by companies for short durations - and there's also the competitive pressure of wanting to get your review out before others do, as long as it doesn't involve cutting any corners. With the launch of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in India, Apple offered to loan the two new iPhones to Gadgets 360 - and indeed other publications - for more than the typical timeframe of a few days. The India iPhone launch of course came a few we...

Modern garden with upcycling plastic bottles

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have made these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies at least 20 times now. Not exaggerating. I first made these when we were in the Philippines, when it was a struggle to just keep butter solid for 2 seconds on the counter, and they were absolutely incredible. I had no idea how or why, but they just WORKED. And they blew my mind in the way only a perfect chocolate chip cookie really can. But then every once in a while, they didn’t work. I’m not always super exact with my baking, but still. They were not thick and chewy and buttery like the perfect cookie should be. Some of your comments said the same things – most of the time they worked, but sometimes they didn’t. And I don’t like that. Now I’m back home in dry, cool Minnesota and I have been waiting for this day just so I could figure out what would really make these cookies awesome for you. You who live in normal climates and shop at Cub Foods. I am now speaking your cookie-baking language. Since I’m re...