Skip to main content

Layered Ombre with Essie Silk Watercolors

At Essie, it’s the season for vintage rock ’n’ roll. Capture the era’s rebellious spirit with a rocker-chic ombre that incorporates Essie’s new fall shade Leggy Legend layered with Essie Silk Watercolors to build a fun fall gradient. Follow this step-by-step designed by Essie director of education Gino Trunzo to get a look with relentless style.


1. Set the stage with your favorite Essie base coat. Bring out the band with two coats of Leggy Legend and let it dry.

2. Turn up the lights with Essie Silk Watercolor Muse, Myself by shading thin to the top side of the nail.

3. Start up the music with Essie red Silk Watercolor Blush Stroke by shading on thin to the center of the nail (overlapping Muse, Myself slightly). Crank up the volume with Essie teal blue Silk Watercolor Pen & Inky by shading on the free edge of the nail (overlapping Blush Stroke slightly).

4. Play an encore and repeat steps 2 through 5 to blend as desired. Bring down the house by sealing your masterpiece with Essie Good to Go top coat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review

For most of the reviews here at Gadgets 360, we use the mobile in question as our primary phone for about a week or so before sharing our verdict with you. We realise this isn't perfect, since there are some aspects of the device that don't become obvious during that time, and in an ideal world, we'd use every phone for a couple of months before we publish our review. But we work under constraints where most devices aren't available to us for that long - almost all products that we review are loaned to us by companies for short durations - and there's also the competitive pressure of wanting to get your review out before others do, as long as it doesn't involve cutting any corners. With the launch of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in India, Apple offered to loan the two new iPhones to Gadgets 360 - and indeed other publications - for more than the typical timeframe of a few days. The India iPhone launch of course came a few we...

Modern garden with upcycling plastic bottles

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have made these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies at least 20 times now. Not exaggerating. I first made these when we were in the Philippines, when it was a struggle to just keep butter solid for 2 seconds on the counter, and they were absolutely incredible. I had no idea how or why, but they just WORKED. And they blew my mind in the way only a perfect chocolate chip cookie really can. But then every once in a while, they didn’t work. I’m not always super exact with my baking, but still. They were not thick and chewy and buttery like the perfect cookie should be. Some of your comments said the same things – most of the time they worked, but sometimes they didn’t. And I don’t like that. Now I’m back home in dry, cool Minnesota and I have been waiting for this day just so I could figure out what would really make these cookies awesome for you. You who live in normal climates and shop at Cub Foods. I am now speaking your cookie-baking language. Since I’m re...