Skip to main content

Clean a Bathroom - TIPS & TRICKS

Clean a Bathroom

It’s a dirty job — but someone’s got to clean the bathroom. And when it’s you, what’s the most
efficient way?
Since most materials used in bathrooms are easy to clean, give it a quick wipe daily, experts
advise. Tackle a full clean once a week.
“Frequent cleanings mean less work because there will not be weeks of crud to clean,” says
Cathy Faulcon Bowen, a professor with Pennsylvania State University’s department of agricultural
and extension education. “If you have a single bathroom and many users, the bathroom might need to
be cleaned more often.”
Degree of difficulty: Easy. Less elbow grease than hand-washing your car.
Time: 5 minutes daily; 30 minutes once a week
Tools: Cloth or sponge, rubber gloves, all-purpose cleaner*, baking soda, glass cleaner, long handled
toilet bowl brush, bucket
DAILY
Rinse out sink, bathtub and shower stall after each use.
Remove excess hair from sink or tub.
Flush toilet after each use.
Hang up towels and washcloths.
Remove dirty clothes.
WEEKLY
Step 1: Everything but the toilet
Swab sink/tub/shower stall. Wash these areas with a soapy cloth or sponge and all-purpose
cleaner; rinse with clear water.
Clean the space behind water faucet controls and back splash: Soap scum can accumulate at
fixtures’ edges. “To clean this tight area well, you usually have to use an old toothbrush,” Bowen
says.
Cleaning tip: Use baking soda and wet sponge to clean scum or stubborn marks; rinse with clear
water. Most plastic shower curtains can be machine-washed with a load of towels (check the tag).
Hang wet shower curtain in the bathroom to air dry.
Shine mirror with glass cleaner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review

For most of the reviews here at Gadgets 360, we use the mobile in question as our primary phone for about a week or so before sharing our verdict with you. We realise this isn't perfect, since there are some aspects of the device that don't become obvious during that time, and in an ideal world, we'd use every phone for a couple of months before we publish our review. But we work under constraints where most devices aren't available to us for that long - almost all products that we review are loaned to us by companies for short durations - and there's also the competitive pressure of wanting to get your review out before others do, as long as it doesn't involve cutting any corners. With the launch of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in India, Apple offered to loan the two new iPhones to Gadgets 360 - and indeed other publications - for more than the typical timeframe of a few days. The India iPhone launch of course came a few we...

Modern garden with upcycling plastic bottles

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have made these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies at least 20 times now. Not exaggerating. I first made these when we were in the Philippines, when it was a struggle to just keep butter solid for 2 seconds on the counter, and they were absolutely incredible. I had no idea how or why, but they just WORKED. And they blew my mind in the way only a perfect chocolate chip cookie really can. But then every once in a while, they didn’t work. I’m not always super exact with my baking, but still. They were not thick and chewy and buttery like the perfect cookie should be. Some of your comments said the same things – most of the time they worked, but sometimes they didn’t. And I don’t like that. Now I’m back home in dry, cool Minnesota and I have been waiting for this day just so I could figure out what would really make these cookies awesome for you. You who live in normal climates and shop at Cub Foods. I am now speaking your cookie-baking language. Since I’m re...